Sunday 7 June 2015

Topshop Joni Jeans: Simply Jess's Review.


Topshop Joni Jeans: possibly the most fast-fading jeans ever, but they're a pair you can't live without. 

Joni jeans are probably the most popular jeans ever at the moment. I've owned 3 pairs of Joni's, all with the same reoccurring issue... The quality!

I don't know how many of you will agree with me on this one, but when you buy black jeans you want them to stay black right? Right!
Unfortunately with Joni jeans (and most Topshop jeans) this doesn't seem to be the case. After around only 3 washes *approx* my black jeans are a faded grey. I've had many comments on last nights instagram post and many most of you agreed that your Joni jeans are either faded or they've ripped!

Here is a picture of my current pair and my new purchase. The difference is incredible! Many commented on my post asking 'how have you managed to stop your jeans fading?'
I don't want to fool you at all- this is unfortunately just the lighting and my old Joni's are verging on a light grey!

The sad thing is, and most of you may agree... Joni jeans are the most comfortable jeans ever. With the stretchy fabric and the high waist, these bad boys hug a curvylicious figure whilst also complimenting the slimmer figure (which I am not blessed with *sigh*).

However, I have one tip that my save your Topshop Jean-mare. 
BLACK DYE
That's right... Dye. If you pop to your local home store/supermarket you'll find fabric dye. I've been recommended to use black fabric dye in the washing machine next time I was my jeans (the faded ones). 
However, I'm too scared risking the dye staying in the washing machine and ruining my next lot of clothes so I'd use a washing up bowl/bucket and leave the jeans to soak in the black dye, and then put on a wash ON THEIR OWN or INSIDE OUT- this will avoid the dye running onto any other clothes you may have. 

If any of you have any black jeans recommendations, I'd warmly welcome them! I've heard that the River Island 'Molly' and 'Amelie' jeans are a good shout? 

Thanks for reading,
Simply Jess x

10 comments:

  1. Great idea to dye them! I love joni jeans, they're the only ones that fit all over properly. I haven't tried a black pair before but if I ever do i'll remember to stock up on dye!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its such a shame when you find a good pair of jeans and they fade in colour. I use to wear black jeans but I had the same problem! Its so hard to find a good pair of black jeans! I buy my jeans from H&M and New look but I have heard river island is really good for black jeans! Great post.

    Sonam | fashtasticflare.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're telling me! It's an absolute nightmare. The Topshop ones are HORRENDOUS quality in terms of fading and ripping but they're just sooo comfy!

      Thank you lovely. Xx

      Delete
  3. I do think Topshop's quality is actually really poor for the price but I too can't resist these!
    Thanks for your dye tip!
    The best pair of black jeans I've owned for keeping colour were levi's but they were not comfy.
    I love the Amelie jeans from River Island, they're pretty much the only (navy) jeans I'll buy but they only last me about 5 months before I've worn through the thigh area :/

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, thank you for the tip! I must try some other places.

      My Topshop ones without fail always wear through on my inner thighs. It's an absolute joke (or a sign I need thinner legs that don't rub- haha!!)

      Delete
  4. Hey lovely :-) Great blog! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can see the details on my blog - https://theblondebreakthrough.wordpress.com/2015/06/16/liebster-award-discover-new-blogs/

    Louise xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I'll follow the steps on your page :) Xx

      Delete
  5. They sound really cool! (minus the fading) but the dye idea is supa cool! Great post gurl xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw thank you!!

    How very kind Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! I could have sworn I’ve been to your blog before
    but after going through a few of the articles I realized it’s new to me.
    Regardless, I’m certainly happy I came across it and I’ll be bookmarking it and checking back often!
    Best fit jeans 
    Tapered fit jeans 

    ReplyDelete