Wednesday 3 June 2015

Tanning essentials: preparation and application.

Hi guys! 
So, I know it's only Wednesday and usually I would be preparing my tan on a Thursday (ready for the weekend) 

So, lets talk essentials.
Mine 100% come from St. Tropez.

This brand is absolutely incredible if you do not want streaks or patchy fake tan.
The steps I follow to gain the 'perfect' tan:

1. Preparation
Preparation is the key to a non streaky or patchy looking fake tan.
- I always make sure I'm fresh out of the bath/shower, with freshly shaven legs (and everything else) to ensure that the application will apply smooth.
-Moisturise! I can't stress this enough. You need to moisturise. Personally I just moisturise my knuckles, elbows and knees pre-application. However after my tan has dried I always do a full body moisturise too. 

2. Application
I doubt there's anyone that even attempts to fake tan without a fake tan mit, however if you are one of these people...INVEST IN A TANNING APPLICATION MIT!
There is nothing worse than seeing girls with bright orange palms. For a first, it doesn't look natural at all. In the sun, you never see tanned palms as they're not something that naturally catch the sun- thus making your tanning application look ridiculous.
-Orange hands would only occur if you apply tan without a mit as you would be leaving product on your hands.
- I always apply in a light circular motion, applying around one or two squirts of product at a time. The circular motion ensures that the fake tan will cover everywhere and it prevents the streaky lines that can occur.



TOP TIPS: 
- Don't apply too much product as you then increase your chances of build ups in areas, causing streaks and a heavily uneven tan
-If you over apply, you may well look orange- this is not an attractive look, the purpose of tan is to make you look TANNED (as if you've caught the sun) and most certainly not that you've had a ball with your Doritos.
-Don't heavily to the inside of your arm, your palms and the balls of your feet. These places do NOT naturally catch the sun and you'll see when you're on holiday- these areas are always paler as they do not tan as easy. If you apply lots of product to these areas too, it will look un-natural and defeats the object of a 'tan'.
-LET. IT. DRY. With nail varnish, you wouldn't  use your freshly painted nails to fold your clothes would you?! It would smudge them right? Exactly! Treat your tan the same- let the product dry to avoid any smudges, patches or stains. My worst ever experience was brushing my teeth after fake tanning (Drops of water came off my toothbrush and landed on my leg leaving some lovely white splodges where it'd removed my tan!!) 

I hope this has helped with your tanning application and I do highly recommend this product. I recently bought my new bottle from Feel Unique where it's currently only £24.00 usually £30.00 in my local Boots!

Thanks for reading,
Simply Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment