Friday 22 May 2015

River Island buys

So, I'm never usually the biggest River Island fan but lately they've been on point!
After seeing this bag on an instagram page, I thought I'd take a look....

Obviously being a girl, 'taking a look' meant buy the bag.



This River Island Grey/Nude tote is now probably definitely my favourite bag at the moment. With it's structured frame, the bag keeps it's shape and sis perfect for any of you looking for a bag to put school books ect in.
(I don't know if any of you girls get this dilemma but if a bag isn't structured it can bend and break all your school books... I definitely had this dilemma through my A Levels!!)






Again, being the girl I am I just had to buy a purse to match! Unfortunately when I ordered the purse from the internet the picture made the purse look a really light nude/cream colour however when it came it was a more pinky colour so it doesn't 100% match the bag, HOW ANNOYING!! 

The River Island structured grey/nude/cream bag is RRP £45.00 and the purse was RRP £17.00. I think delivery was around £5 (please don't quote me that could be wrong!)

This bag honestly puts my Michael Kors Jet Set Tote to the test! I sold my MK bag on eBay last month in order to fund the Dillon North South Tote, however I decided to put the money towards a new wardrobe after buying this bag and purse, given the quality and standard I don't think I could justify £310 on a new MK one!

A strong message I want to give on this blog post is that designer handbags aren't all what they're made out to be. I was the 'typical white girl' you may say and saw the desire for designer and labels as obviously  they make you feel more expensive. However, this isn't always the case. I'd definitely recommend that you read reviews before buying designer handbags as I could get 4 of these River Island Bags for the price of a designer!

This is only a short (ish) blog post- I'm going on a shopping spree on Sunday so stay tuned for a new post Sunday night!

Thanks guys, 
Simply Jess x 

2 comments:

  1. River Island bags are amazing aren't they! Love that you bought a matching purse too even though the colour came out slightly different. I still think they look lovely together

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're honestly sooo good, I've never been a fan until now and WOW, I'll be buying from them again!
      Haha I know, I saw it on the internet and it looked like a creamy nude, boy was I wrong... This bad boy is pink!
      Thank you babes :) xxx

      Delete