Saturday 30 May 2015

Lil' bit of Essie loving: my new faves.

Hi guys!
So, I've been blogging for around two weeks now and I can honestly say I love it!
After monotonously drafting posts, re-drafting, re-writing and publishing posts to both my blog and Instagram, I realised I was actually getting some followers! 

I'd followed looooooads of bloggers who expressed their posts through Instagram- especially the likes of 'itslittlelauren', the author of Lauren's Looks and realised that Essie was a highly popular brand of nail varnish amongst all the 'big bloggers'.


I walked into Boots and the Essie stand was a real eye catcher however, I wasn't greeted with the most reasonable prices... '£7.99 for a nail varnish, you must be kidding right?!' was the only thought that went through my head. Given the fact I was new to blogging I decided that if this is what it would take to have nice nails, I'd buy two and give them a go... And boy I was amazed!

My first ever combo was 'Tuck It In My Tux' (the white Nail Varnish) and the glitter one came with no name? Apologies for that guys! 
Essie nail varnish is of an astounding quality- I'm no nail expert, if anything I'm a walking disaster but I found that these nail varnishes are a pleasure to work with! 


As you can see the white 'Tuck It In My Tux' shade has been applied to all nails, adding glitter to two of my nails to break up the colour and add some glitz to my look.

After realising that this look lasted me for nearly two weeks without chipping made me realise I'd found a new love for the stuff. Therefore, as a typical girl... I bought more!


This shade below is called 'Bahama Mama' and it's a deep plum colour- I'm in love with this colour at the moment. Like all Essie polishes, it sits perfectly and coats really well. 
I only have one small issue with Essie nail varnishes, and that's the time it takes to dry. I'm used to nail varnishes taking around one/two minutes to dry, yet Essie seems to take at least 5 minutes before it stops being tacky.





Apart from this issue, Essie is my new favourite nail varnish brand- with the most amazing colour selection! I'm going to be adding to my collection like I don't know what- Hopefully once I've got my Essie haul I'll do another post relating to my new colours.
Why not pop down to your local Boots store and check out the colours? You can get one for £7.99 or a duo (pre-packed set) for £12.99! Honestly, if you haven't tried Essie, I highly recommend the brand.


Go on girls, treat yourselves!

With love,
Simply Jess x

3 comments:

  1. Your nails look so pretty! I would react the same to the price but I guess it's quality over quantity! The colours are really pretty I love the combo of glitter! Great post, keep going your doing great.

    Sonam | fashtasticflare.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I love them all sparkly.
      Yes I was totally the same, but 100% the quality is incredible. The best part is, it hardly takes any product to finish your look too, so its very long lasting.
      Aw thank you very much lovely, so are you!

      Delete
    2. I guess I need to try out this product! It's hard to find nail polishes that last. Most welcome :)

      Delete